Come & join us for a magical event to celebrate the turning of the seasons & the changing of the clocks.
On Saturday 26th March 2016, FireSpring will transform Cyclopark’s skate park & BMX tracks into a garden of fiery delights. Doors open at 6:30pm.
Pick your way through hundreds of fire pots around the BMX track; see extraordinary fire sculptures & spectacular firework moments performed by dancers, BMXers, local volunteer cyclists, & the hilarious ‘Strictly Cycling Team’.
JOIN THE FIRESPRING BIKE TRAIN
The FireSpring Bike Train will meet in front of Gravesham Civic Centre, Windmill St, Gravesend at 6pm.
Joining in the theme of the event light up your bike and yourself with as many lights, fairy lights & reflectives as you can find, the bike train will leave at 6:30pm for a short ride to Cyclopark.
JAM JAR APPEAL
We need to collect 2000 jam jars to help create a very special moment for everyone who comes to FireSpring.
Please collect & donate your clean, empty jam jars to Cyclopark during the park opening hours or Gravesham Civic Centre between 9am – 6pm. All 2000 jars are needed before Wednesday 23 March.
WHAT IS FIRESPRING?
FireSpring is a unique event that invites you to experience Cyclopark as never before. FireSpring has been created by Karen Poley, who created the reCyculture, bike installations around Gravesham & Kent in 2012.
FireSpring will transform Cyclopark into a magical, fire-filled, nighttime experience. Visitors are invited to light up & cycle to the event, help create light installations & wander around the site to explore the fire installations, listen to live music & see pyrotechnic performances, throughout the evening.
- Parking is available on site & the Cyclocafe will be open all evening.
- Please note, a variety of routes around the site are available, but the ground in some areas is uneven and unpaved.
- FireSpring is a nighttime event & walk around the Cyclopark site in winter. Please ensure that you wear appropriate footwear and clothing for the weather conditions and follow all instructions from the stewards and guides around the park. Please ensure that children and vulnerable adults in your party comply with these directions.
- Entry to the event is ‘FREE’.
- Where to find us: Cyclopark, The Tollgate, Wrotham Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA11 7NP.
COME & ENJOY AN ILLUMINATING AND INSPIRING EXPERIENCE